I've been doing a lot of thinking recently about what all of my pieces have in common. Not my common thread - we already established that
here. I mean physically, what do my pieces have in common? And guys, I got it. All of my works looks better and more complete from far away! Seriously, during critiques a few days ago, my classmates and I walked to the back of the room and noted that my piece just looked
better back there. So that got me thinking: what kind of art looks better farther back? Pointillism! Yup, I wanna experiment with those tiny little dots. Do you see how perfect this is? It captures so many details from my pieces! Details, layering, painting with tiny strokes, looking more complete farther back... this is perfect for me! I would love to replicate some pictures of flowers I've taken (don't you think hydrangeas would look amazing??), but I would also love to "paint" a picture of a scene in Paris. I've added some examples from different artists below in case some people don't know about pointillism.
 |
| This is a self portrait by Vincent van Gogh. Notice that he didn't really use dots - he used tiny dashes. That counts, too! |
 |
| So this is pretty classic pointillism - I'm pretty sure i replicated this piece in lower school. (tooootally as good, too) |
 |
| PARIS HOLLA I WANT TO DO THIS |
 |
| all of those teeny tiny dots coming together to make such an amazing piece of art! |
 |
| This piece seems like it could be one of mine... lean away from your screen - look better? |
This is interesting! I'm excited to see what you do with this if you do end up doing it! I think I would be so frustrated with this, but I think you can do it!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this MV! I experimented a little bit with pointillism several years ago and really enjoyed it, although it takes a lot of patience. But when you're finished it is always worth it! I'd love to see you do this!
ReplyDelete