Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Looking Back and Ahead

Okay guys! After this, just one more blog after this! Thank goodness! Of course, I'll be back next year! Today I wanted to look back at my work this year to identify some key elements, and then look forward to see how I could incorporate those into future works. Okay, so let's start with my mountain piece. Whew! I am so glad to be done with that one. Those teeny tiny brushstrokes were so frustrating, but I was happy in the end. It's funny because I hated the stupid brushstrokes so much at the time, and now I'm getting into pointillism! In my sketchbook, I've been experimenting with creating colors with pointillism (i.e. yellow and blue to make green). One key element I've noticed in my work is that it generally looks better standing farther away from it. I've noticed this in my mountain paining, my ink water piece, and my pointillism rough drafts. Of course, everything I make is what I consider beautiful. I especially showed this in my tape project, what with watercolor (which I always love) and beautiful quotes. I am so excited to explore next year! I am so glad I have the freedom to play around with different materials to create beauty in my world - and I'm excited for y'all to see, too!
this is a really rough (and not even complete) picture of my water piece... 

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. I literally thought the exact same thing about you hating tiny brush strokes... but kudos to you for going ahead and pursuing this new avenue of art through pointillism! I'm excited to see your experimentations that you do next year!

    ReplyDelete