Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Iris Scott - Expert Finger Painter

I have started a new project that I am super excited about! I am roughly recreating a picture by painting printing ink onto a cork-like thing and slapping it onto my paper. I've found that it created a really cool 3D pattern because the ink sits on top of the ink already on the paper - I'll post pictures soon! This artist, Iris Scott, has an innovative way of getting the paint on the canvas! She reverts back to kindergarten ways and finger paints! She manages to create beautiful pictures, and if I hadn't known how she painted, I never would have guessed that she uses her fingers! It's certainly a step up from all of my old finger paintings.
I just love this picture - how in the world does she create such detailed pieces? 
I love the vibrant red treetops and the way the headlights look so realistic - it looks just like the road after it rains.

This is like my water piece! Well, just in the fact that it's water, but whatever.

Iris at work!

I just love autumn, so this is such a great picture to me!

This fox is SO DETAILED! I don't just understand.

This is such a beautiful cityscape!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool. I don't know if I'm even supposed to comment on this one but I am because I like this work a lot hahaha-- that is crazy how she is able to create these pictures with her fingers. Do you know what kind of paint she uses?

    ReplyDelete