![]() |
| I love the perfect lines... I'm a sucker for symmetry |
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
My Common Thread
Hello again! My art teacher just looked at my blog and suggested that I look at an art show put on by SCAD (https://www.facebook.com/scadceramicarts/posts/1054453787908817). It's an installation for the ceramics class. How awesome is their setup??? I love the mugs on the wall - what an awesome way to show them! That way, people aren't having to bend own to look at your mug, or pick them up and potentially drop them (yikes).
I've been thinking about what my common thread will be next year; the thread that runs through all of my pieces. I think it will be beauty. All throughout my art experience, I have wanted to convey the beauty I see all around me. To be honest, I see beauty in things like really close-up pictures of random objects like the carpet, but nobody wants to look at that. My point is that I tend to find beauty in ordinary things like weeds in a lawn and details of a brick wall. My pottery is just another thing I find beautiful, and I can't wait to see if everyone else agrees with me! Even if they don't, who cares, I like it. I hope to post pictures soon of my progress with the water picture (I refer to it as if there's only one, like my camera roll isn't full of pictures of water)! I'm going to the beach for a week, so I hope to get even more pictures. I'm kinda hoping it storms; oceans are so beautiful in stormy weather!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment