Guess what, you guys! I'm finally finished with my mountain painting! I added a super low-quality picture down below... sorry for that! I titled it
les montagnes, which is simple "the mountains" in french. A simple name for such a detailed piece! I am so happy to be done with this piece and can't wait to hang it on my wall!
 |
| again, sorry for the low quality! Do you like the "frame" as a pice of wood? |
So, now it is time to start another project! I have previously posted about painting over my photographs, which I'm still interested in, but I'm not sure how many on those I can crank out for my AP exam! I recently bought a C.S. Lewis poem book, which reminded me how much I loved one of my previous projects. I haven't posted pictures of them, but I had the best time making watercolors with strips of tape covering particular spots so that I could write in them. I had such a good time making those and experimenting with them, and I think that they really show development (which the AP graders need to see!). I still want to experiment with the photographs, but I really want to continue this idea, which I've dubbed the "quotes project".
I recently discovered an artist named Cheryl Sorg that says that "[her] love of literature manifests itself in an obsessive cut-and-paste process in which I take books, dissemble them line by line, and re-configure the snippets of text into a variety of forms large and small inspired by the themes and imagery within their stories." This is
so me! Okay, so I'm not cutting the quotes into strips and making images with them, but I
am using the watercolor to be a visual of the quote, plus I think literature is beautiful, so by using it, I am just fulfilling my artists statement! Here is an example of her work
Wow! You have so may different interests that I'm excited to see pan out as the semester goes along! Your mountains are awesome and you can really see the effort that you put into making them! I loved your watercolor quotes that you did last year, so I'm excited to see where that will go this semester!
ReplyDeleteFirst off, I am absolutely in LOVE with your mountains (high-quailty painting makes up for the low-quality pic c: ). I love how you did the snow. I also like your idea of blending poetry and art together. You can do so much with the idea of conveying a message through two different ways (visually and through literature).
ReplyDeleteYes, embrace your literary interests. You should post some of your favorite poets.
Deletepoets and poetry...and tell us why you like them.
DeleteI love the idea of you painting over your photographs and I also love the idea of poems. Do you think you could combine the poems in your paintings of photographs?
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea for your portfolio-- I really like the combination of visual art and literary art. Words and images work very well together and I think that your interest in this type of art-making will ensure that it will be amazing!! Art is always better when you enjoy making it. Would you be willing to use a media other than watercolor as an experiment?
ReplyDeleteI really like the idea of applying literature to your artwork. Words really bring out the meaning in work! I also love your mountain piece. It turned out BEAUTIFULLY
ReplyDeleteYour art work is so fascinating to me! I could never sit down and paint something like that mainly because I lack patience. I can not wait tot see you work and see how it turns out
ReplyDelete