![]() |
| I like the dark photo with the neon white quote - don't you? |
Monday, February 1, 2016
Quotes Over Photography
My tape project is evolving, guys, and here's what I plan to do with it.
First, let's backtrack. My tape was initially used to cover up small parts of the background to draw attention to the words. I watercolored the background to match the quote, such as patches of red for a quote about roses. Really, I was forcing the viewer to see it the quote from my perspective - I was interpreting it for them. Now, I am going to gradually fade the background and increase the size of the tape. But get this - instead of taping over watercolors, what if I taped over photographs? My photographs, to be more precise. Or what if I put tape on something in nature and then took a photo of it? I am super thrilled for this, guys. It was hard to find pictures of this online, but here's a kinda good example of what I mean. The next picture is just a visual of the quote I want to use - it's my favorite poem, For Whom the Bell Tolls, by John Donne. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Yes, I do like the white text against the dark photo. Please post and let us know what path you are taking in your sketchbook so the rest of the class can see how you are getting organized.And, thank you for citing your photo source.
ReplyDelete