As I'm nearing the end of my first project, I have been thinking about what I would like to do next. I really love details, and, despite my groaning, I have really enjoyed painting this mountain. So, I was thinking that for my next piece I would start painting over my photographs! Alexa Meade is an artist that paints people to look like paintings (examples below). I know it's not exactly what I want to do, but I figured it was pretty similar, plus
I was too lazy to keep looking for I couldn't find someone that paints over their photographs. I think painting over photography would be fun because it would draw attention to the details (have I mentioned that I like details???)
 |
| Meade painting over a male helper |
Now brace yourselves... I'm about to post a ton of pictures! These are some examples of my photography that I would like to work with. Have any favorites?
Mary V - this merging of your photography and painting in this format is a good idea. Check out Gerhard Richter and look at the overpainted photographs. You can find it here: https://www.gerhard-richter.com/en/art/overpainted-photographs. It might be interesting to choose one of these photographs you have taken and by means of additive or subtractive methods edit or alter it according to your intent. Let’s talk, and by the way, excellent post!Please post a photo of your completed mountain as well.
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome!! (and by the way you are so blog-savvy and I have no clue how to do most of this) I think that is so formally and conceptually intriguing how that artist paints people to make them look like paintings-- it (literally) brings the art to life. It would be a great idea to paint over your images! That is a technique that could combine two things you are very good at-- photography and painting! my favorite is the picture of the pink flowers that leave little to no negative space! nice images
ReplyDelete