![]() |
| okay y'all I just added this picture because it's hilarious... it's a juicer, and then they photoshopped a lemon onto it... hahahahaha y'all I'm dying this is amazing |
Monday, March 14, 2016
Plans for Next Year
Hello everyone! Next year I will be taking Portfolio II, and I really think I have made an awesome choice. Since the very beginning, I have had trouble choosing what to do because I love so many different styles of art! Taking Portfolio II next year will allow me to have to freedom to experiment with all sorts of techniques to broaden my horizons. I feel like taking AP Art would have confined me to a certain style of art, and I didn't want to feel constricted in my art making. Art is about exploring and creativity and freedom! With that said, I am super excited about what I will be doing next year. I plan on returning to the pottery wheel and experimenting with different glazes. I would love to make mugs, bowls, plates, etc. - really, anything I can! There is a shop up in Mentone, AL (http://www.miraclepottery.com/Mugs.html) that my brother and sister have become obsessed with over the years. Since the first mug they brought home, my family has been obsessed with their collections! I love their style of glazing and would love to recreate some of the patterns. Mugs will be a challenge for me; I've tried making them in the past and it hasn't gone so well, whether it's handles falling off, holes being torn in the body, or just a downright awful looking cup, I've struggled. I am excited to experiment next year and finally create my perfect mug! I've included some pictures of the mugs from Miracle Pottery's website, but I also have some other ideas. I would like to make a collection of white pottery and find a way to add gold to it. I'm not sure how gold leaf would work, but I'll be keeping you all updated next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I really like this idea for you! I also am gonna take Portfolio II and am excited to experiment more!! This will be fun! I'm excited for you!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad that you have made this decision and that you will be exploring a variety of media and techniques. Let’s begin to look at the thread that runs through these ideas..exploration? beauty? Also remind me to show you a recent show in Sav. that had similar products as these mugs. It was really nice.
ReplyDelete