Sunday, March 6, 2016

my obsession with water

Because my tape project is so long, I've gotten somewhat bored with it. I'll come back to it later to finish it up, but for now I'm setting it aside to focus on something I'm really interested in. A few years ago, I did a project with printing (as in printing ink and rollers) and I have wanted to revisit it ever since! Last time, I carved a lion's face out of cork and printed gold and white onto blue paper. This time, I would like to print out of of my photographs, make marks where the water is choppy (that's hard to explain... like where the water has definition), carve out the marks on a piece of cork (or whatever material you use), and make prints on top of each other with different shades of blue. This is tricky to explain, but I'm so excited for this! I've added some pictures that I would like to work with.

1 comment:

  1. Post your sample prints...let us see the process. Who are you looking at? anyone?

    ReplyDelete